Sunday, April 29, 2007

Outside Berns Salonger in Stockholm, Sweden ...


Outside Berns Salonger in Berzelii Park the cherry trees are blooming. If you didn't know, Stockholm is a green city, or becoming green very soon.
But many of our trees are not OK. At least 4000 trees are damaged in one way or another. So 21 million Sek will be set aside to replant and "renovate" our trees. But this budget will cover only 400 of them.
And the elm trees will gradually disappear and be replaced by linden trees and maples.

I have cherry and birch trees outside my windows. And an apple tree. And a huge elm. And I hope and pray that they are fine. They look fine to me, but you'll never know. Trees are tricky beings, often you cannot see if something is wrong with them. Not until it's too late.


1 comment:

Aron@hotels in hawaii said...

I really like it, I wish I would get yours more post to read. Really your post astonished me and I like so much these type of info are rare to get thanks.Nice post
hotels in hawaii
Good post dear I am so impress